Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Long overdue

It seems that an update is long overdue.  First off, moudi from the ChucK forum has joined the project, and has already implemented a file browser window.  Woot!  It's nice to have someone else working on this project - with the two of us, we can come up with more ideas and implement features quicker.

As for myself, after spending a decent amount of time optimizing the editor control for the  performance boost needed to have syntax highlighting, I've decided to abandon the RichTextBox control in favor of the TextEditor control from the open source SharpDevelop project.  It has a lot of cool features, and I've been spending my time replacing the RichTextBox with the new TextEditor. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I was lying awake last night and thought of how Moudi's file browser would fit this... and now it's true! Haven't been around enough, social life was demanding for a bit. Sorry 'bout that, I'll give your editor a proper testing over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Application error; the application failed to initialise properly." No other indications on what might be wrong.


    That's on a stripped windows XP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have .NET installed? You need .NET 3.0 or 3.5 for this to run. Let me know if that doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete