Monday, June 8, 2009

Latest updates

Got a couple of more updates in. Some of the important ones include catching syntax error output and fixing yet another crashing bug. Kassen from the electro-music forum clued me in to a command that makes it possible to detect shreds that hang the VM, so that's included in this version as well. The other thing that I'm excited about is that the "run at startup" and the "run before each shred" code is now functional.

I played around with syntax highlighting a bit, but the performance was horrible. I'll have to think of a more efficient syntax highlighting routine. On another note, I posted up some links that I came across a couple of weeks ago. MakingThings is a site that's centered around the Make Controller, a cool little controller board that can be programmed using several different languages and communicates via OSC. It would be perfect for making a custom OSC or MIDI controller. The Arduino seems to be a similar device and much cheaper as well. I must set some time aside to play with one of these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment