Friday, June 5, 2009

First post

I've been working on ckEdit, an IDE for the ChucK audio programming language, since March, and figured it's stable enough to release, without running the risk of being ridiculed publicly for my code (which is horrible at times).  Boy was I wrong.  As soon as I posted it up on a forum, I instantly found a crashing bug.  After fixing that and reposting, I found another.  So I figured, I'd just start this blog and update it once in a while with progress.  

There are several features that I want to add to the editor, mainly for my own uses, really.  Earlier today, I was sequencing a drum pattern, and I didn't find editing the contents of an array very intuitive.  At some point (the sooner the better), I'll probably implement a visual step sequencer; at least for programming in patterns.  But I'll need to prioritize, and work on the important stuff first, like auto-completion support for user-created classes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment